Wednesday 4 October 2017

Has my gas hob been fitted properly?

Went to a customer today to fit a replacement gas hob. On removing the old one I discovered it had been fitted with a flexible cooker hose (rubber). The customer wanted me to connect the new hob using the existing hose (which of course would have saved on installation time and cost). However, I had to explain that in the manufacturer's instructions that came with the hob it specifically said that the hob must be connected using rigid pipework. So I fitted the hob using 15mm copper and the customer was happy. I have never fitted a hob using a flexible pipe and in many of the MI's it does say that 'rigid pipework' must be used.  A flexible pipe makes good sense on a free standing cooker as it means the cooker can be pulled out so cleaning can take place. However, this is not necessary with a hob.



No comments:

Post a Comment