SJE Plumbing & Gas
Wednesday, 4 July 2018
Are you suffering from the effects of Carbon Monoxide?
Unsafe gas appliances can produce a highly poisonous gas called carbon monoxide (CO). It can cause death as well as serious long term health problems such as brain damage.
What are the symptoms of CO poisoning?
CO symptoms are similar to those of flu, food poisoning, viral infections and fatigue. That’s why it’s quite common for people to mistake this very dangerous poisoning for something else.
Other signs that could point to CO poisoning:
Your symptoms only occur when you are at home and seem to disappear when you leave home.
your household (including pets) are experiencing similar symptoms and they appear at a similar time.
What to do if you suspect CO poisoning
Get fresh air immediately. Open doors and windows, turn off gas appliances and leave the house.
See your doctor immediately or go to hospital - let them know that you suspect CO poisoning. They can do a blood or breath test to check.
If you think there is an immediate danger, call the Gas Emergency Helpline on
0800 111 999.
Gas Safe registered engineer
to inspect your gas appliances to see if there is a dangerous problem.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)