Friday, 6 July 2018

What are the warning signs of having carbon monoxide in your home?

The warning signs of a CO leak

Any of the following could be a sign of CO in your home:

  • Flames of a lazy yellow or orange colour on your gas hob, rather than being a crisp blue

    Image result for carbon monoxide gas hob

  • Dark staining on/around appliances;

    Related image

  • Pilot lights that frequently blow out;

    Image result for pilot light boiler

  • Increased condensation inside windows.

    Image result for carbon monoxide condensation windows


Faulty appliances in your home can lead to CO poisoning. 

TWO pieces of advice:

1. Get your gas appliances regularly serviced by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

2. Get a Carbon Monoxide alarm fitted.


No comments:

Post a comment